Photo Feb 04, 11 06 17 AM.jpg
Photo Sep 04, 8 14 54 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 21, 9 33 19 AM.jpg
Photo Jan 24, 3 12 45 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 04, 3 16 05 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 13, 6 06 36 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 15, 7 10 45 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 15, 10 52 14 AM.jpg
Photo Jun 21, 9 45 01 AM.jpg
Photo Jun 21, 9 34 51 AM.jpg
Photo Jun 21, 9 33 43 AM.jpg
 

Who We Are

The Eastern Plains Council of Governments (EPCOG) is a voluntary association of government entities within a seven-county planning and development district. EPCOG is one of seven Council of Governments (COGs) in the state of New Mexico that was initially created by New Mexico Executive Order No. 1 of 1969 by former Governor David F. Cargo. Aside from councils, COGs may also be referred to as regional commissions, planning commissions, economic development districts, planning authorities, planning districts, and metropolitan planning organizations across the United States. COGs, in general, function with local governments to assist with transportation planning, regional planning, comprehensive planning, economic development initiatives, technical assistance, public services, and other public programs.

 

News

Latest Press Releases & Announcements

September 13, 2022

EPCOG is posting this sole source document regarding the recent HRSA grant. This document will be posted for 30 days in accordance with NM state procurement laws.

August 11, 2022

EPCOG, in collaboration with United Way of Eastern New Mexico, has been awarded the Rural Communities Opioid Response Mental and Behavioral Health grant of $2M from the Human Resources & Services Administration. The grant will be administered over a 4 year period starting September 1, 2022.

August 18, 2022

On August 18th, 2022, the NM State Transportation Commission met in Farmington, NM, and voted on the final list of awards for the Transportation Project Funds. The project fund will grant money up to 95% of the project costs. Local entities must provide the remaining 5% match to their respective projects. Local governments may receive match waivers from the State to assist with the project based on the local government’s budget restraints. The State is also funding projects that have shortfalls to bring projects to completion. NMDOT tasks EPCOG to assist local governments with TPF applications.

 

Our Programs

Photo Oct 16, 9 19 53 AM.jpg

Community Development

Economic Development

Photo Jun 21, 9 45 01 AM.jpg
Photo Sep 04, 3 16 05 PM.jpg

Planning & Technical Support

 
Photo Jun 21, 9 42 28 AM.jpg

Vincent van Gogh

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together"

 

Contact Eastern Plains Council of Governments

Thanks for submitting!